Fads come and go but some of the latest house design trends look so great and have many benefits that they are sure to become classics, meaning they will stay around for many years to come. If you are building a new home it’s good to implement some of these trends to add pizzazz to that special space you call home.
Here are just some of the latest trends that are set to become classics. Pick out the ones you like best and leave the others.
- According to the kitchen gurus at Colray Cabinets, two tone kitchen cabinets are trendy. Make those high on the walls a light colour, while the lower cabinets can be a darker or richer colour. Very effective when you choose wood grain finishes, but other finishes can also look good done in this way.
- Outdoor fabrics and finishes come indoors. Using traditionally outdoor fabrics for indoors makes sense because they are much sturdier than other furnishing materials. But when the room has other outdoor features such as a stone wall around the fireplace and exposed beams in the ceiling it looks fabulous.
- Stainless steel appliances tend to have lost their popularity because they look cold and sterile and show up every fingerprint. However, you can now get stainless steel in black and bronze, offering two options that don’t remind you quite so much of a hospital.
- Most of us like those larger tiles that evolved over time from the tiny tiles. Now you can get extra large tiles that have continued the trend and are extremely popular. How large? 31×71 inches or 79x180mm if you are into metric measurement. Not only are they easier to lay, it takes much less time. And they look amazing.
- Combination toilet and bidet both saves space and offers a refreshing experience. They are also ideal for anyone with a physical disability.
- Building new or renovating the kitchen? Make sure your kitchen cabinets feature deep drawers instead of shelves. They are much easier to access and you can fit more in – and it can’t fall out when you open the drawer!
- While you’re at it, why not install some niche appliances such as the steam oven, a warming draw or an induction cook-top which is very safe when kids are in the house.
- Islands are growing longer to become a permanent workhorse in the kitchen. They provide extra room for seating, storage, preparation sinks and bench space. Once you’ve experienced the benefits you won’t want to be without one.
- If you love entertaining, consider keeping a formal dining room rather than turning that space into a home office or media room. Somehow it takes dining to a whole new level.